background

Monday, June 9, 2014

Soggy Nightmare

I once stated out loud....."I feel like i live in a  liquid nightmare!"  Somedays its like a flood or others days, like today, are just soggy.

In a house with three children, who all posses butter fingers....nothing is safe.  My couch was a beautiful green at one time..... now its carrying shades of green with rings all over from spills.  My carpet was beige, its now.....a darker TAN.

We live in a basement apartment, it was built for us to my specifications, it was glorious.  Two weeks into being here it rained....A LOT.  I went into my unborn daughters room and felt wet feet.... Please God, tell me I'm pregnant and crazy and imagining things.....one more step....**Squish**.  Friggen great, I knew we should have gotten tile instead of carpets.  Here I am 4 months pregnant pulling up a new rug, setting up heaters and dehumidifiers grrr...Darn Water table.  Rain continues and in my living room I see my nice new carpet looks like it has a spot.  Of course to my dismay, its water coming UP....yes UP into the basement.  Again, pull up carpet set up heaters and the water trend began in March of 2010.

The pump for the water broke 3 times....3 kitchen floods.  The Washer broke twice.....2 more kitchen floods.  The sink broke just another kitchen flood.  My children have a knack for making leak proof things leak and opening containers grown men can't open.  My youngest likes to take his diaper off and has peed multiple times on the floor and as of Today my daughter, who is pee potty trained has peed on my carpet 3....yes 3 times for no real reason other then to convince me that I'm cursed.

Liquid nightmare....and like I said to myself in 2010....we should have gotten tile.

No comments:

Post a Comment