background

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Why Children Shouldn't Watch a Baby Story.....

My daughter is late to the potty training game.  At 3.5 she is pee pee trained but as for #2..... we are having issue.  To add on top of that she holds it in for a week at a time because apparently shes afraid to poop.  I know your wondering why I'm telling you all this but lets say, coaching my child through a bowel movement makes me sound like a birth coach.  The door is closed and you hear me saying "Just push, you can do it" while she cries, "its going to hurt, i just cant do this"....all while shes hugging me, arms flung over my shoulders.  

So today I'm in the van, just sitting in front of the house listening to a song that didn't finish yet.  I hear my daughter Lia ask " Does everyone have holes in their stomach?"  To which I reply " Yes, that's how you use to get food when you lived in my tummy.  All the food went through your belly button"  Oh the can of worms I opened.....

Frankie proceeds to tell me all about how babies are born.  You know, how you go to the hospital to have your belly button opened and the baby just pops out.  Its cute, I'm not gonna go into it with a 6 year old.  As this conversation is ending Lia starts screaming.... "Mommy, Mommy my belly, oh no my butt hurts!!!"  This is the scenario every week with her.  I'm talking to her, telling her all about not holding it in for a darn week blah blah blah when i hear my son Scream this from the back seat...

"Oh no Mommy,oh no, I think I know whats wrong, Lia's belly hurts because i think there is a baby in there we need to get out!!!  Lia, Lia, is there a baby in your belly? Is that why your belly hurts?  Mommy this isn't good!!"

I tried not to let him see me laugh.....no my dear son, that's not a baby.....I think you have been watching A Baby Story way too much.   

SIDE NOTE:  I thought I was the only one who had a kid with potty issues like this....Till I found THIS BLOG POST.....I laughed

No comments:

Post a Comment