background

Monday, August 18, 2014

DIY HE Safe Laundry Powder Soap

DIY HE Safe Laundry Powder Soap ....
Featuring Young Living Essential Oils



Im cheap.....ok maybe cheap is too harsh....Im THRIFTY!

I hate buying Laundry Detergent.  Its pricey, it goes quickly and the fragrance just SCREAMS Chemicals to me.  Don't get me wrong....I love things to smell nice, but there is no way that green slime detergent has anything natural in there.  I started researching and stumbled upon articles like THIS and THIS oh wait here is some MORE and here is a FOURTH article just for fun.

After reading about Optical brighteners, irritants etc......i didn't want to buy anymore blue green slime to wash my clothes in.  IT was time to research and pull that box of Borax out of the laundry closet.

I got the recipe from a friend a few weeks ago but with my second batch I decided to use some Young Living Essential Oils to give me some natural fragrance!

Recipe is as Follows:
  • 1 Cup Washing Soda
  • 1 Cup Borax
  •  1 Bar of Kirks Castille Soap Shredded ( I used small size of cheese grater)





MIX DRY ingredients in a medium/large bowl

Now for the Fun....well scent is fun for me anyway.  Note you can use any Essential Oil Combination you'd like, I just did some common ones for this batch.

For this batch I used 

10 drops of each of the following oils 

Lavender: Lavender is an adaptogen, and therefore can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy. Therapeutic-grade lavender is highly regarded for skin and beauty. It may be used to soothe and cleanse common cuts, bruises, and skin irritations.


 Thieves Oil: Thieves® was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. This proprietary essential oil blend was university tested for its cleansing abilities. It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health.*

* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.


NOW MIX AGAIN.....MIX FOR 5 Minutes or so

Grab a Quart Mason jar and TA DA!!!


When you do your wash......Add 1 Table Spoon of powder (2 for heavily soiled items)
Remember this detergent is HE SAFE!

There you have it.  A Natural, inexpensive, safe way to wash your clothes.  

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment